Security & Privacy
- We employ security measures to protect your Information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Protection of your Information, including your registration details and any debit or credit card information you provide to us, is a priority for us. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Any personal information which identifies you will be encrypted at all times whilst in transit over the Internet. Our server then reads the information using a private key. This means that your Information, be it debit or credit card information or any other personal details, is turned into a code that can only be decoded with the private key or password.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of Information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Sportdec will do its best to protect your Information as described above, it cannot guarantee the security of any Information that you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive Information (such as credit/debit card numbers) in any emails you may send to us.
Retention & disposal
Other Information will be retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the privacy of Information is maintained on disposal.
Changes to our policy
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you visit a website or use applications. The cookie enables the server to collect information from the browser.
We use the cookies on our website for a number of purposes, including:
- To authenticate and identify you on our Websites and applications so we can provide you with the services you request.
- To allow you to login to the Websites and to check that your computer is still logged in to the same session while you browse from page to page. While placing bets, Information will be temporarily stored in a cookie until the transaction has been completed. This enables you to get the most out of our products and services. Further, various other settings, such as the language and odds display that you have selected, are stored in cookies for a longer duration so that when you return to the Websites as many of these settings as possible remain the same.
- To automatically collect Information about bets and account transactions carried out on our Websites.
- For ‘analytical’ purposes such as to keep track of user/customer browsing patterns on the Websites and to build up a profile for a customised browser experience for you.
- To deliver adverts and information more relevant to you and your interests and also to help measure the effectiveness of Sportdec’ advertising campaigns.
- To compile reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and Internet usage. We may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Sportdec’ behalf.
We use flash, session and persistent cookies on our Websites and applications. Flash cookies are small pieces of information stored and accessed by Adobe Flash, the browser plug-in used by sites. Session cookies are used by the server to store information about user page activities so users can easily pick up where they left off on the server’s pages.
Persistent cookies enable a website to remember you on subsequent visits, speeding up or enhancing your experience of services or functions required.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable, physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Customer security refers to the precautions and encryption techniques employed by Sportdec to ensure that the integrity of your data is kept at all costs. Sportdec considers the protection of this data of paramount importance, and we endeavour to give you piece of mind by using state-of-the-art security software. Any information you provide us is kept solely for the purposes of operating your account.
If you are logged into your account for thirty minutes without using it the system will automatically log you out for security reasons. We recommend that you change your password every four to six months. Your password should be unique (a mixture of numbers, letters and characters).
We also recommend that you run regular scans of your PC, laptop and any other devices to ensure that it is protected from the latest viruses. This will ensure that your Sportdec account cannot become vulnerable in any way.
Once we receive your card details, we will carry out a check of your card with our credit card checking facility. This ensures that the number you entered corresponds to a real credit card number and is not one that has been made up. We also do random security checks on a continuous basis to ensure that a card is not being fraudulently used. This verification process of your personal details is carried out either over a secure line. Credit/Debit card data is, at no time, sent over the internet during the validation process nor does the bank give out any details to us over the phone, we simply state what information we have and they will let us know if it is correct or not. Incorrect details associated with your card will result in your account being suspended for security reasons.
Data protection is about your fundamental right to privacy. Sportdec recognises, adheres to and values that right and we will ensure that the data that you provide us is safe. We don’t share data with any third party for marketing purposes (the only time we’ll share any information with another party is for online verification/operative reasons). We will only keep your information for as long as is absolutely necessary for the purpose for which it was originally obtained. Please note that we may be required in certain circumstances to retain your information indefinitely under our procedures on responsible gambling.
Accuracy & access to information
You are entitled and we require you to have any inaccurate information corrected so please ensure that you notify us of any updates, amendments and corrections to your information by logging into the ‘My Account’ section of your online account and amending your information.
You also have a right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request you should contact us in writing at: Sportdec Suites 19 & 20, The Cubes Office, Beacon South Quarter, Sandyford, Dublin, Ireland. You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
The app contains links to other sites. Sportdec is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on third party apps or websites.
Sportdec.com sportsbook is provided by FSB Technology (UK) Ltd, Northburgh House, 10 Northburgh Street, London, EC1V 0AY
FSB Technology (UK) Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission (000-022201-R-305119-013)